Upson County Bulk Pick-Up Information
Upson County Bulk Pick-Up
Provided by GFL Environmental
How do I schedule and prepare for a bulk pick-up?
- Bulk pick-ups must be scheduled through GFL and are available once per month at no charge for existing GFL customers. Bulk pick-ups are scheduled on Fridays.
- Call GFL at 706-647-8490 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your bulk pick-up.
- Provide GFL with a detailed description of what items need to be included in the bulk pick-up
- If you need to add items to your bulk pick-up, be sure to call GFL to let them know.
- GFL will provide you with a Customer # and pick-up date.
- Place your items curbside no earlier than the night before your scheduled pick-up date.
What will GFL pick-up?
Brown Goods (furniture)
- Box Springs
- Similar items
White Goods (appliances)
- Refrigerators (Freon removed)
- Freezers (Freon removed)
- Grills (propane tank or charcoal removed)
- Empty Hot Water Heaters
- Similar items
What is not eligible for bulk pick-up?
* Construction debris
* Items made to be permanently attached to your home such as shingles, lumber, windows, carpet, etc.
* Yard debris such as grass clippings, limbs, trees, shrubs, etc.
* Extra trash such as clothes, boxes, magazines, books, etc.
* Glass and mirrors (can be taken transfer station)
Thomaston Transfer Station
Located at 2616 Waymanville Rd.
Thomaston, GA 30286
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
1st Saturday of every month
8 AM - 12 PM
The transfer station is open from 8 AM-12 PM on any Saturday following a week with a holiday. No contractors or dump trailers accepted on Saturdays.
- Extra trash items that will not go in your GFL household trash container can be brought
- to the Thomaston Transfer Station.
- Upson County residents with a GFL account can bring up to 4,000 lbs to the transfer station per calendar year at no charge.
- Due to landfill restrictions, no paint that has not been dried (with kitty litter or sand), toxic or hazardous materials, biological or biomedical waste, tires, engine parts, batteries , propane/gas/helium tanks or any combustible items will be accepted at the transfer station.
Who enforces these rules?
Upson County Code Enforcement Officers will leave a ticket on the resident's mailbox that lists the reason the trash was not picked up.
Scan the QR code below to access the Upson County Municode that addresses solid waste.
Contact Upson County Code Enforcement:
Address: 305 S. Hightower St., Thomaston, GA 30286
Contact GFL Environmental:
Transfer Station Address: 2616 Waymanville, Rd., Thomaston, GA 30286